Monday, June 13, 2011

Reflections.

You know I've been thinking a lot over how my life has changed in a year. A lot has happened, some bad some good. Things happen, people change, and we grow as a person and move on.

This year has been one crazy ride in my life. I've held on tight and I've come to terms with it all and things are still changing, happening, and it's not slowing down. It will never slow down because that's life, that's just the way it is. People don't realize I have my good days, my bad days, my okay days, and i'm still a hormonal woman with 5 kids and a husband. I'm not perfect, I've made mistakes in my past, with my kids, in my marriage, and i'm still making them and will continue to make them. I'm not going to go into all of my mistakes because honestly I don't believe that is really anyone's business.

I remember falling love with the man I call my husband and my other half. It was not planned, but it was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I was a wild child and he was the one to change everything. He took in my other two children that weren't even his. He became their dad. Anyone can be a father but it takes a real man to be a dad, and my husband is a great one. He loves all of the kids with all of his heart, he would do anything he could for them. He loves me unconditionally and just like every other marriage and couple we have our days when we fight and days when we don't want to leave each others side. Our marriage is very different from most marriages as i'm sure you can tell. We aren't a normal couple, or family. We aren't very affectionate in public, and we are separated a lot and not by choice. As you all know my husband is very involved with his career and I couldn't be happier for him. I'm very involved with my children and Miley's career and I couldn't be more proud of them but it does separate us at times and cause us to be away from each other and the kids. It can really cause a strain on a marriage and I think anybody could understand why. Last year we went through a really rough patch and it took a toll on every single one of us in the family. Things were hard but we got through it and are happier than ever and we know that we are meant to be and nothing will ever change that.

I remember the day I told Billy Ray that I was pregnant, he was shocked, happy, and scared. This was his first baby other than Christopher who was not part of his life. His mother and I got pregnant around the same time. She gave him a son, I gave him a daughter. He was there by my side through the whole pregnancy and when he couldn't be my phone did not stop ringing! During my pregnancy he knew that her name should be Destiny Hope, so that was her name. She was such a happy baby and her nickname was Smiley which was shortened to Miley. We are so proud of everything she has accomplished and she still amazes us to this day. She's become a wonderful and beautiful young woman and she will have our support no matter what. She is our baby girl and always will be.

Not too long after I ended up getting pregnant again. This was another experience that brought us together. This time I gave him a son, Braison Chance. He just turned 17 in May. It's amazing to think that I brought him into this world 17 years ago. I remember him taking his first steps, his first bike ride, his first girlfriend, and his first break up. Boys are a lot of different than girls, but I'm glad that I had the chance of giving Billy a son. He is growing into a young adult and I can't wait to see him grow into a man and have a wife and family as his own. He is a lot different from the girls but reminds me so much of my older son and his dad.

I got pregnant a few years later with our youngest Noah Lindsey. She's the baby of the family and she's a mommy and daddy's girl. They are all like that. They know who to go to for what and they love us both. This time, he knew I was pregnant before I did. Sure enough, he was right. He knows me so well. I gave him another girl. Noah Lindsey. She's our youngest, our baby, and our little princess. She's a daddy's little girl, and mommy's princess. She's hyper, crazy, and can always make you laugh and she loves to snuggle. She's only 11 and starting to notice boys and I'm not sure i'm okay with that! I can't believe my baby is starting to become a teenager but we can't wait to watch her blossom into a young lady and see what she does and see what happens in her life.

My kids are truly my world. I'm a mother and wife and that's what is important to me. Nothing else in this world matters as long as I have my family. When we are all apart we are constantly calling, texting, or online together. We have a strong family connection and I hope that never changes. My kids are very grounded, and what's kept them that way is our family. Yes, we love to shop but what woman doesn't! We are so grateful for everything in our lives. Our fans are wonderful and we are so glad that you all have decided to support us in everything we do. The fans are what let us continue and let my children live their dreams and I couldn't be more thankful as a mother.

Things are still changing, my husband and I are getting older and my kids are growing up so quickly. I've learned this year and over my life not to take things for granted and to keep those that you love close to you. Things can change in an instant and you never know when that may be. It's hard seeing my kids grow up but it's time to let them make some mistakes and grow into adults. I've learned not to regret things and to accept the past and what's happened because if you don't you will never move into the future. I can't wait to see what life brings my family and I in the years to come, and I'm ready to take on whatever life throws at me.

2 comments:

  1. Tish, Those are some very good and positive reflections and it's good that you shared them. You and Billy Ray are always in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you so much for taking the time to read it!

    ReplyDelete